If your child is 3 or will be 3 this year please attend a PreSchool screening.
Our PreSchool program is a state funded PreSchool for All Program.
Students are screened for risk of academic failure and are enrolled based on weighted eligibility criteria.
Call Julie at 622-2093 to schedule a screening.
2017 Screening Dates
February 3, 2017
April 7, 2017
May 5, 2017
Preschool Screening Process
- Screener reminder letters are sent a week before screening date.
- Upon arrival, parents check in with the PreSchool coordinator.
- The coordinator verifies student name, date of birth, parent name, address and phone numbers.
- The coordinator has the parent fill out the screener permission form.
- The coordinator then asks the parent to fill out the registration packet and the parent questionnaire in the waiting area.
- One of the teachers takes the child into the screening area.
- Upon completion of the screening process the teacher shares a brief summary with the parents. The parent then meets with the parent coordinator for an exit interview.
- All results are scored then stored in student files.
- Scores reports are mailed home to parents.
- Upon completion of all spring screenings parent will be notified if their child qualifies for the program.
Please bring with you to the screening:
- Proof of Residency (recent bill or lease with current address)
- Certified Birth Certificate: we will make a copy for our records.
- Current Physical if child has had one (if not it has to be completed within 1 year prior to entering school)
- Lead Screening (On physical form this should be checked and/or filled in by the doctor/health provider).
- Up-to-Date Immunization Records (must show proof of compliance by October 15)